Our client is looking for 3.5 Delivery Drivers to join their award-winning team in Harlow, Essex.
5 days on, 3 days off – over an 8-week rota
Start times between 05:00 – 06:00
Regular weekend working
You will be delivering furniture for a well-known company as part of a team of two throughout your region, city and town driving is advantageous. Customer service will be at the heart of the role creating a better every day!
Benefits include once permanent:
- Permanent 48 hour a week contract
- 28 days annual leave includes bank holidays
- Access to the Professional Driver Programme – Class 2 Licence Acquisition, if successful salary will rise to £40k
- Company pension scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Full Uniform
- RAC discount
- High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
- £500 for recommending a lorry driver friend and your friend also gets £250!
In this role you will:
- Be passionate about providing an excellent customer experience to our customers in their homes
- Work efficiently to tight deadlines to ensure customer satisfaction targets and service targets are adhered to in line with our values and behaviours
- Keep in regular communication with both customers and colleagues to update on progress and manage expectations effectively
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner, as we value the communities, we service
- Be physically able to carry furniture in our customers’ homes, taking care to protect their property and personal effects.
- Keep the van you use clean, tidy and well cared for, so it is ready to be used the next day
- DBS will be undertaken
Due to the nature of the work heavy lifting is required. It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable to carry out this nature of work
Experience and Qualifications
You MUST hold a valid in date driving licence
You MUST have no more than 6 points on your licence
Be willing to upskill on our Professional Driver Programme
Multi drop experience is desirable
Previous customer service and commercial driving experience is desirable
Passionate about delivering excellence
Confident, engaging, polite and friendly
Understanding, calm, professional and a team player
Be smartly presented at all times and have excellent customer service skills and be detail focused
Be able to provide a time critical delivery service in line with targets agreed with customer
The pay rate for this 3.5 Delivery Drivers role is £11.00 per hour.