We are hiring 3.5 Delivery Drivers for our client based in Chelmsford, Essex.
The main purpose of the role
- Delivery and collection of customers’ goods.
- Van (non-LGV B licence)
- Local and national work on dayshift
- Upon arrival at the Customer’s premises check it is safe to access the site and complete the delivery/collection.
- Safe loading and unloading of all goods transported.
- Securing each item and load transported.
- Correct and legal distribution of load on the vehicle.
- Due care and attention to other road users and members of the public through safe and courteous driving.
- Wear the required PPE as designated by site signage.
- Adhere to our clients and customers’ Site Safety Rules and Procedures.
- Report all accidents and near misses.
- Daily routine visual inspection of each allocated vehicle and report all defects.
- Drive safely and courteously, adhere to all Legislation relevant legislation.
- Informing the Transport Office of all damages, accidents or incidents whilst at work, including but not limited to customers’ goods or Company property.
- Wear the full Company uniform whilst at work.
- Make sure your vehicle and load are secure when you leave.
- Look after the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage
Physical demands of the role
- Loading and unloading of goods from vehicles (manually or using MHE).
- · Stacking of goods onto pallets.
- · Stacking of empty pallets.
- · Opening and closing of vehicle curtains/doors.
The salary for this Delivery Drivers role is £10 per hour
To check out more jobs we have at the moment click here!