We are hiring a Export Clearance Coordinator for our client, a Shipping Agency has been a trusted supply chain partner for businesses for over 180 years and has a significant international presence with offices in key locations around the world.
A great opportunity has arisen to join their busy Logistics Export’s team based in Ipswich.
You will be responsible for completing customs entries, passing suppliers invoices and invoicing customers.
This post is required to work on a 4-on 4-off shift pattern – 7 days cover (incl weekends and bank holidays)
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaising with Customers and Principals.
- Processing and coordinating export clearance requests.
- Ensure Customers receive the expected level of service in accordance with company objectives.
- Ensure full compliance of appropriate legislation and regulations and all documentation relevant to the movement of cargo.
- Complete consular documentation, if necessary (dependant on destination).
- Liaise with customer service staff on specific booking requirements as necessary.
- Handle purchase invoices and payments ensuring that invoicing is accurately completed and correctly set within system.
- Identify any procedural inadequacies and offer suggestions for improvements as appropriate.
- Completion of the full range of services to clients and further build these opportunities through client relationship development.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co–workers and managers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of the business.
- Weekend cover for the European Import Clearance department
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Previous experience of delivering excellent client focused service
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, work well under pressure, meet tight deadlines and maintain focus
- Proven ability to maintaining accurate manual and electronic records and filing systems
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to seek ways to improve and promote quality
- IT literacy including knowledge of MS word/excel/outlook
- Team worker with the ability to work collaboratively and able to use own initiative
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Life insurance
Based in Ipswich, Suffolk.
This Export Clearance Coordinator role has a salary up to £30,000!