We are hiring a Legal Secretary for a progressive, award-winning, leading regional Law firm with offices in Hertfordshire and London and are now looking to recruit a Legal Secretary to join their Commercial Property team in Bishop’s Stortford.
The successful candidate will provide secretarial and administrative support to the Commercial Property team. The main responsibilities will include:
• Audio typing from digital dictation to include checking that all correspondence and documents are correct and in the in-house style before sending.
• Responding to clients in person and/or by telephone in a professional way to include being able to respond appropriately on the current state of any file.
• Diary management- to make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain a diary to be checked against the fee earner daily.
• File and case management, bill preparation
• Building and maintaining knowledge of clients and their matters, and the work in general
You will have significant and current experience working within a Commercial Property team ideally in a comparable role. You will have a professional ‘can do’ attitude and outlook, and be discreet appreciating the absolute confidentiality in everything you do.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have the ability to pick up new systems quickly and be adaptable to different ways of working
• Be comfortable working in a team or on your own initiative and will be willing to go the extra mile for clients and colleagues
• Be emotionally intelligent with a sympathetic and professional manner
• Pre-empt problems and identify solutions
• Be assured, confident and presentable
• Be able to hold the respect and confidence of your colleagues
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate a proactive approach to your work
• Be very well organised and able to prioritise
• Have excellent attention to detail
Benefits include a competitive salary, 22 days of holiday, a Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, health cover, subsidised parking, and a discretionary annual bonus.
Salary up to £26,000 per year.