We are hiring a Machine Technician for a role based in Colchester. Responsibilities include, the safe & efficient running of equipment to targeted outputs, whilst ensuring quality standards are met. They must ensure machines have adequate raw materials. It is also the responsibility of the Technician to lead the cleaning down of machines during material changes and line clearance when possible and to complete PM tasks adhering to the PM schedule. Resolve all technical matters reported by the Operator and report to the Gap leader/Team leader. The jobholder should at all times ensure their work area is kept clean & tidy. The jobholder should also carry out quality & SPC checks as per customer requirement.
- Health & Safety – Work in a responsible manner to ensure the safety and well-being of all individuals as well as yourself.
Look for potential hazards and raise alerts.
- Quality Standards -Understanding of in process and product quality standards and documentation, and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
- Machine Operating – Competent in the skills required to operate machinery in the manufacturing areas. Ability to achieve targeted machine or process outputs. Good understanding of fault finding and correction to maximise production efficiencies minimise downtime and waste, whilst maintaining quality standards.
- Machine Setting – Calibration and Maintenance – Cleaning, setting, calibration and maintenance of machinery and tooling and test equipment in accordance with company procedures.
- Documentation – Good Knowledge of production documentation and instructions, and in process inspection documentation.
- Training – Responsibility for shop floor training of Operators, using specified training modules and techniques.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Health and Safety:
- Observing all safety, environmental and ‘cardinal’ rules and agreed working procedures at all times.
- Carry out all prescribed safety checks using the correct format and assist in resolving any
You will be working a shift pattern of 12 hour shifts 3 nights 3 rest days 3 working days 6 rest days this covers seven days per week and you will know a year in advance the days you are working Overtime is available on your many days off .
Minimum of 6 months relative technical experience
Interpersonal skills suitable for leading a production team
Be numerate and literate
Have a positive can-do attitude
Enjoy working as part of a team and willing to cover for other team members
Logical approach to problem solving
The ability to be trained in other tasks in order to maintain flexibility
Ability to work on own initiative taking ownership and responsibility for tasks as part of the team.
The salary for this Machine Technician role is £21,561 per year.