We are hiring an R&D Tax Specialist for our client based in Greater Manchester!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working alongside our existing R&D tax specialist, you will:
- Onboard, consult, process and deliver R&D tax relief claims for SMEs
- Liaise with introducing accountants to qualify leads, review client banks and discuss cases
- Continuously develop the delivery templates, processes and systems to further improve the delivery of the R&D service
- Work closely with our admin support team to prepare and deliver cases, manage caseloads, and the delivery pipeline, and report periodically on case numbers and related financials
- Review and interpret financial data relating to claims, including via Xero and/or statutory accounts.
- Keep abreast of changes in the legislation and guidance, to advise clients
- Keep abreast of changes in the legislation and guidance, to support the updates to a suite of products and services that relate to R&D (tax diagnostic tool, toolkits, email templates)
- Work with the directors and marketing teams on strategy and growth of the R&D function
- Minimum ATT (Association of Tax Technicians) qualified or equivalent accounting qualification
- Previous experience in delivering R&D claims for SMEs (minimum 3 years)
- Previous experience managing a bank of clients/client-facing role (minimum 3 years)
- Experience working closely with accountants is preferred
Advice & Consultancy function for SME Accountants, to attract, diagnose and deliver tax consultancy and advice, to clients transparently and profitably. Their vision is to get tax advice to those who need it most: SMEs, business owners and their families.
This is a fast-growing, profitable fin-tech business which can offer excellent career prospects for the right candidate.
This role offers complete flexibility because work-life balance doesn’t cut it anymore, life comes first.
Real-time together every quarter, to focus on building the business and connecting as a team.
Characteristics we are looking for:
- Self-motivated /driven
- Flexible & open-minded
- Reliable and excellent work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – comfortable speaking to new people internally and externally, friendly/approachable
- Excellent numerical skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Commercial awareness / entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable with working in a dynamic, innovative business
- Energy and passion about what you do
• 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (holidays will increase over service)
• Annual personal development plans in line with business strategy
• A range of well-being initiatives such as well-being days and time off for charitable work)
• Company-matched pension of up to 6% of the basic salary
• AXA PPP private healthcare for you (and the option to pay for your close family to join at a discounted rate)
• Annual external CPD budget
• Working from home allowance
• Ad hoc tax-free benefits for special occasions
• Company provided mobile phone (for personal use) and laptop
The salary for this R&D Tax Specialist role is £35,000-£45,000 per year.
To check out more jobs we have at the moment click here!