We are hiring a Senior Solicitor for our client who is a leading law firm based in Ipswich, Suffolk. The ideal applicant for this role will have experience in commercial property. Below are the day-to-day duties for the role.
General: – Commercial
- Control and manage client files.
- Provide supervision to junior fee earners in your department.
- Help to ensure all deadlines and client expectations are met in line with the department’s objectives.
- Ensure quality standards are adhered to at all times.
- Provide training and mentoring to junior staff members.
- Carry out staff appraisals for members of your team if requested to do so.
- Provide input to firm and departmental marketing strategy.
- Adhere to firm guidelines re money laundering and other areas of risk management and compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct, including the reporting of breaches to the COLP.
- Demonstrate excellent levels of client care and customer service.
- Undertake any other duties relevant to the post as required by the partners.
- Comply with CPD requirements required by the SRA to maintain practising rights and undertake sufficient training to provide a proper standard of service under Principle 5 and be able to give a Statement of Continuing Competence.
Dealing with all aspects of Commercial Property work for the firm, including corporate support (for example on share and asset sales), property financing, acquisition and sale of freehold and leasehold property and landlord and tenant (business leases) including:-
- Investigating and deducing titles;
- Carrying out relevant property Searches
- Applying for Official Copies and related documents.
- Drafting approving and negotiating business leases and related documentation.
- Drafting, approving and negotiating property contracts, transfers and other related documents.
- Preparing lease reports and reports on title;
- Carrying out exchange and completion of transactions
- Dealing with all post-completion matters.
The salary of this Senior Solicitor role is £75,000 per year.