We are looking for a Warehouse Assistant/Driver on a full-time basis Monday to Friday 08:00 to 16:30, based on 40 hours per week. You will take responsibility for all shipments in and out of the company, this varies from small packets to steel and aluminium deliveries. We are also looking for the applicant to have some experience of booking stock items into the computer system.
- Receiving, moving, checking and storing incoming goods.
- Checking and inspecting goods received and ensuring they are of accurate quantity, type, and also acceptable quality.
- Picking, processing & packing orders
- Selecting space for storage and arranging for goods to be placed in the designated areas.
- Moving and organizing stock.
- Ensuring a clean and safe workhouse for staff to work in.
- Storing stock away safely.
- Monitoring stock levels.
- Accurately updating all data into computer and manual recording systems.
- Minimum of a C grade in English & Maths.
A forklift licence is desirable, however, training can be provided for the right candidate. A full UK driver’s license is required as there may on occasion successful candidates will need to carry out deliveries.
Pay is based on age & experience. A holiday package of 20 Days per year Flexible, Plus Bank Holidays. There is also a discretionary bonus scheme in place.
The pay rate for this Warehouse Assistant/Driver role is £10.50 per hour.